Friday, September 25, 2009

On Sunday I went to Church…

On Sunday I went to church and there I saw the Italian Minister, Rev. Liborio Lattoni and Rev. Laidman who ministered to people of other tongues. Both Rev. Lattoni and Rev. Laidman Servants of Christ took a great interest in me. They spoke on my behalf to the Rev. Dr. Paul Villard who was the principal of the French Methodist Institute located
On Green Ave., West Mount.


In the meantime Dr. Lattoni invited me to attend the daily school of the church. I had already attended this school a couple of winters before. The pupils were mostly small children, except the 3 or 4 men like myself who were anxious to learn English.

(More on Rev. Liborio Lattoni and link to book “Ancient Memories, Modern Identities.”
Italian Roots in Contemporary Canada…by Filippo Salvatore and Domenico Cusmano.

A quote from page 62..
The melding of his (Rev Liborio Lattoni) Love for Italy and Canada constitutes the most evident merit of his writing. To live a dual life in only one existence has been the late but profound discovery of the man and the artist who was Liborio Lattoni: the search to give his life meaning as a father, a believer and a citizen.”


Rev. Liborio Lattoni was said to be the MOST Outstanding Italian Poet in Canada with over 500 poems written, he started writing the poems in 1915.

No comments: