Friday, March 5, 2010

All These Kingdoms I Give To You...

I climbed the mountains in the area. At the top of the mountain there were stomps. I stood on a stomp and what a magnificent sight it was at the rising of the sun. I stood on a stomp covered with snow that glistened before me.

At the time I had a thought… “All these kingdoms I give you, if you will fall down and worship me.”

Third Temptation
Mark1:13; Luke 4:5-8, 13
Matthew 4:8
Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."
10Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the LORD your GOD, and Him only you shall serve."
11Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.
--------------(Then Jesus Begins His Ministry)--------------

(Dr. Pascal DiFlorio…recapped some of what he had already said…so I will transcribe his story as he wrote it.)

They treated me as a member of the family. With the coming of September I returned to the Wesleyan College where I had a room during my college days…, which extended over a period of more than seven years. I left in the Spring I always did so with a feeling that with the coming of the Fall I would return to the college and to my many friends.
In 1919 and 1920 I went as a “summer pastor” in the Western part of Canada under the auspices of the Presbertian church. I had applied to the Board of Missions of the Methodist church, but I was refused on the grounds that I did not know English well enough. This prompted me to apply to the Presbyterian Board of Missions.

No comments: