Saturday, March 27, 2010

September 22, 1922




We remained in the parish for about two years. Here Anita was born September 15, 1922. We took her to church when she was about 3 weeks old thus Margaret was able to play the piano for the church.

During this time my brother-inlaw came from Italy his name was Vitulio Vecchiarino. He remained with us for a few months and because there was very little work he decided to go to Providence, RI. To his brother’s house.

As for us we carried on and were happy. I decided to enroll with the United Theological College for the Th.D. degree. This would keep me studying; but our plans had to be changed. Among the Italians there was an undesired element- the province of Ontario was “dry,” Among the Italians there was an undesired element. There was a strong feeling against the alcohol ban; so it was decided to take a vote. The feelings ran high. I was urged to act as interpreter. This brought me in bad repute with certain Italians. My life was in danger and I had been ill advised. So we decided to pack up and leave.

No comments: