Friday, February 19, 2010

Nearing the End of My Time in Western Canada


During my stay in Saskatchewan I went to Saskatoon, a distance of 80 miles to write an examination that I had not taken in Montreal, because I was sick the day of the test. Remembering another journey… I set out early one morning on horseback and returned that evening 20 miles each way to see the dentist.

My experience in the West was enriching. Before returning east there was snow, the Northern Stars were the most brilliant I had ever seen. On my trip back to Montreal I fasted, as I had done going West. This was beneficial to the physical system and saved money.

Back in Montreal…


As soon as I arrived in Montreal I phoned Margaret and we did not waste any time in getting together. We had become very fond of each other.




(The ring was worn by Margaret for many many years...her only child Anita gave it to my husband to give to me on my wedding day as a surprise...I have worn it now for 24 years...what happens next to it nobody knows...But I have Anita's wedding ring that she had welded together with her husband's ring...(he would not ware it) but after Anita passed away he kept it in a special box...I have that ring and I will give it to Anita's oldest son to give to his future daughter-in-law to give to Anita's grandson to ware...Thus a nice tradition!)

No comments: